A HISTORY OF PROVEN PERFORMANCE
- Robroy Industries was founded in 1905 by Peter McIlroy. The Company was incorporated under the name Enameled Metals Company. Its primary purpose was the application of enamel to pipes, sheets and other metal products. The main product was rigid steel electrical conduit.
- In 1952, the Company's name was changed to Pittsburgh Standard Conduit Company to better identify the company with the trade name of its primary product, Pittsburgh Standard rigid steel conduit.
- In 1953, Robert G. McIlroy, son of the founder, was named President of Pittsburgh Standard Conduit Company. In 1959 he took the company public.
- In 1967, the Company adopted the name of Robroy Industries.
- In 1980, Peter McIlroy II was named President of Robroy Industries, Inc. Mr. McIlroy is the grandson of Peter McIlroy, the founder of the Company. Mr. McIlroy was named Chief Executive Officer in 1988 and Chairman, President and CEO in 1993.
- Over the years, Robroy built or acquired manufacturing/service facilities in Verona, PA; Gilmer, TX; Avinger, TX; Morrisville, PA; Belding, MI; Guelph, Ontario; Great Bend, KS; Hobbs, NM; Choctaw, OK; Midland, TX; Jonesville, MI; Fort Wayne, IN; Jacksonville, FL; North Hollywood, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Colorado Springs, CO and Nottingham, UK.
- In 1995, a major restructuring of Robroy began. The company was divided into three distinct operations with their own management teams; namely, the Electrical Products Division, Duoline Technologies and Trimm Technologies. The Headquarters remained in Verona, PA. Today, the Company has two business lines: electrical and oil field, with plants in Gilmer, Avinger and Odessa, Texas; and in Belding, Michigan.
- In 2001 Robroy Industries became a private company by purchasing all outstanding shares of its stock except those held by the McIlroy family and company's President, David A. Marshall. The fourth generation of the McIlroy family is now active in the company.
Learn more about Robroy Industries:
Download Robroy Industries company history: CentennialBagPiper.pdf
Download Robroy Industries "LESSONS LEARNED" speech: PMCIs_IW_SPEECH.doc
CEO and Chairman of the Board
President and COO